Writing compelling marketing copy is time-consuming. Once you find a great story, how do you get it written quickly and leveraged in the right social channels?
This graph reflects a Career Builder survey in which marketing managers identified there top 10 pain points associated with content marketing. Do you experience this in your business? There is an effective solution.
Enter the Industry Freelance Marketer
These pros can transform your content into smart, relevant, effective posts that convey your company voice with precision. Three strong indicators of whether a freelancer will be exceptional or just ordinary for you are:
- industry reputation,
- the ability to perfect the art of “social listening,” and
- emotional intelligence.
Emotional Intelligence (EI), often measured as an Emotional Intelligence Quotient (EQ), describes an ability, capacity, or skill to perceive, assess, and manage the emotions of one’s self, of others, and of groups.
Once you narrow down your selection, here are additional traits to identify the best freelancer for your team, budget and projects.
Skillful freelancers will:
- Perceive and manage goals, time and budgets effectively.
- Have the talents and skills that are “right” for the project.
- Perform outside the typical 9 am to 5 pm work schedule.
- Be willing to train and mentor in-house staff.
- Share ideas and best practices and provide critical feedback.
- Develop strong relationships with both sales and marketing teams.
- Tell a good story and know when, how and where to pitch content.
- Spot a “champion” customer or rainmaker and turn their experiences into compelling stories with pictures, videos, testimonials and qualified leads.
- Connect routinely with executives and employees to gain insight.
- Recognize motivations to buy, share, and promote your product or service.
- Learn about new trends and developments in your industry.
- Help you gain confidence in your planning strategy and process.
- Provide feedback and measurements to gauge effective messaging results.
Producing compelling and consistent content for your company is time consuming and so is “not playing” in the right social channels that your customers expect. Smart business owners and managers turn to these industry powerhouses when they want to get the best ROI for their marketing dollars. Take the time to find the freelancer that is right for your team and see how easily they will help you raise the bar on your marketing efforts.
P.S. Skillful marketing freelancers can add tremendous benefit to your team for a fraction of the cost of an expensive ad agency.